Wednesday, December 9, 2020

 

Today was a good day! But BRRRRRRR!! We got up early for sunrise and it was so much colder today! So much colder. I wore Missy’s gray flowing pretty dress with the long sash. I wore my fleece breeches and socks underneath because… it was supposed to be silhouette’s. But I left my paddock boots at home, so I didn’t want to wear my big bulky river boots, so I went with just socks. And it was a thin strapped dress, and thin flowy material so it was freezing. It started off okay, but then we cantered through the water and my feet got wet. I was sooooo cold and my toes were burning! But Dan was super! I had the bareback pad on in case he was bouncy, but both boys were super! When we got to the beach, someone from Camelot was there with her Friesian. She apologized and said she had hired a drone to make a video and hope she didn’t freak out our horses. The drone didn’t, but the ground driven Friesian gave them a fright! Ha ha. Luckily she was sweet and went to the beach one wave break over so after they walked past us, the boys were fine. And it got their ears up. 😊 We finally got enough photos and then I rode back to the trailer to put my shoes back on and change because it was that cold and we weren’t doing photos anymore. Dan was a little fussy leaving Indi but he did. I couldn’t function very well because by now my hands were cold too so I just left my soaking wet socks on and pulled my boots on. Then I took the dress off. They had grabbed my halter so I was still holding onto Dan and he was half pulling me out of the trailer, half naked. Hee hee. I managed to eventually get out of that super long and flowy dress without getting too tangled up and then put my warmer clothes back on and we rode back out there. We took a few more photos on the boys and then we did some stuff on the ground. I slid as calmly and slowly as I could to the ground but oh my goodness it hurt so bad landing on the cold wet hard sand with my feet still frozen. OUCH!!! We lunged Dan a little so that Phyllis could potentially photo shop the halter and lead out. So we’ll see. Then we headed in because the boys were over it. They were still being good but you could tell they were over it. It took soooo much more to get their ears up. Dan wasn’t willing to canter on the lunge… so yep. And we were cold and we were all hungry. And that way we could get Phyllis on her way, as she had another photo shoot this afternoon.





We got lunch at the Shrimp Shack again. Seriously, those are sooooo good!

This afternoon we went back out in regular clothes and tack. 😊 We went for a nice walk down the beach. We had some canters, together and separate. I’m so proud of them both! They were so good sitting and waiting while their BFF went off for a gallop and came back. They even stood mostly still to take photos of each other. Of course, Danny wouldn’t pose for his photos, but at least he mostly stood still while I took photos. We even found some driftwood to jump! Of course it was a bit of a very specific turn and I lost my reins one time, so I’m sure the video and pictures won’t be great, but we did have fun jumping!! It was a great day! I think the boys are having fun too!















Then tonight we went to Dockside for dinner and got shrimp cocktail, shrimp and grits, cornbread, and more she crab soup. It was Amazing!!!! Sigh… and tomorrow we have to go home. We’re going to get up early, not sunrise early, but early, and go ride down Coffin Point before we head home. Oh, and... Missy put my wedding dress in the wash... and that giant wine stain came right out! The darn dress looked almost brand new!! Ha ha... guess I should have tried that first. Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment