Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas!!!!

 Christmas 2020! You know, for as odd of a year that 2020 has been... it's had some really great moments too. Christmas Eve dawned miserably wet and dreary. It was chilly but not that cold. However, it was going to get SUPER cold!! It was nice waking up in my cozy bed with the heat blasting down on me and the rain on my barn roof. I ended up getting the stalls all ready for the ponies but left them out, because... well... Dan. ;) Fleck got to stay in because I figured he'd be happier. Then we went to Mike's mom's for dinner and had a good time. The ponies got apples and carrots and were super happy. And Funny got a Confetti sign to hang by her stall!

 

We got home and it was still raining and getting COLD! Super cold. So I had to clean Flecks stall because now suddenly he pee's inside again. And that meant I had to take the wheelbarrow out and dump it and get new shavings. I did manage to get Dan and Funny in just before I did that. Good thing too because when I dumped the wheelbarrow it was sleeting!!! And the wind was blowing so hard it was pelting it across my face. BRRRRRR. And then.. by the time they were done eating, it had stopped and the clouds were parting. Yay! I got clothes changed out into dry ones... everyone got hay and some hay soup and extra salt too. And out they went. 

This morning was super cold. Like... really super cold!! Like too cold to take Christmas photos/selfies. So... they got fed and got more warm mash and then we went inside to do Christmas. I finally ventured out again when it warmed up a little, but BRRRRRR. It was still REALLY cold! But, I wanted to ride and Dan needed to be ridden since it's been ... well... 2 days, but still! So... off we went. The arena was probably soupy and it was too cold to do dressage. And I didn't want to ride in the neighborhood because it's kind of boring and I didn't want him to slip on the pavement if he was being naughty, which he probably would be as cold as it is and since he's not been good in the neighborhood lately. So off we went. It was 34 degrees. And no telling what the feels like temp was. I was bundled up in all my winter gear and it wasn't too bad when we were in the woods. When the wind hit though.... BRRRR even all bundled up. But we had fun.

It was a good ride. We just walked, trotted, and cantered and explored. No one else was out there, so we had the place to ourselves. Well, us and the deer. :) And despite how cold it was... it was a beautiful day! I'm glad we went! Although we did keep it fairly short. 

 







Merry Christmas to All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment