Saturday, December 19, 2020

Family Visit Day

 Today was a crazy day! Because last night was stressful and chaotic dealing with Fleck... I didn't get the house cleaned or the rice krispie treats made for today. So then I was supposed to take Dan to Diamond Dressage so he could get a massage. Then get back in time for my family to come visit. I was hoping to sneak in a ride on my way home from Dan's massage but... now I still had to clean the house and make rice krispie treats and also now stop and get hay cubes and pellets for Fleck. Emma woke me up at 5 am whining, so I let her out. Then again at 7, when I just stuck her out and left her out. Then Dan started pawing at the gate and the stall wall. So, fine.. I'm up! My alarm was about to go off anyways. I went and looked and Dan was just concerned about Fleck, it seemed. Then after I got them fed and settled I hitched up the truck and trailer. Well, Dan caught wind of that and took off running. He and Funny were doing laps, although she slacked off after a bit. He was running so much that when I finally caught him he was steaming and blowing and swaying with his breaths. Wild man! So I got him loaded and we headed off to Diamond Dressage. About 15 minutes into our drive Kathleen called and cancelled. Which is totally fine, but argh. I was so tempted to just go ride but since I didn't plan on having time I wasn't in breeches and my saddle and bridle were still at the house. So I was just going to go to Tractor supply. Well, my dumb self was going to go to the one in Monroe, since I was right off 11, but... apparently I couldn't figure out how to get there, so I decided that the one near me would be easier... so I started that way. Was ALMOST there and realized there was NO way that I was getting the trailer in that parking lot. Sigh.. So then I turned around and was going to go back to the one in Monroe..then turned around again and decided to just take poor Dan home and start over. Sigh... At this point, I've now driven around aimlessly for over an hour. Ugh. Anwyays... I ended up getting what I needed at TSC, got home and unloaded and got Fleck his hay soup, which he was super happy about. Then I got the house cleaned up and the rice krispie treats made and then it was just about time for my family to arrive. 




They got here and we had a great visit. We went out and met Funny. Dan stayed away for the morning visit. They petted Fleck too. Then we went to the lake and played a bit and then back for rice krispie treats. Then back out to visit ponies again and see the arena. I caught Dan but he was pretty good with the kids. They were feeding him hay and carrots and he didn't bite anyone! Although he was a little bit pushy. I had to hold him back. :) They wanted to ride him. Ha ha... NOPE! Although he probably would be good. 


After they left, I ran out and got him and we went for a ride. It was getting chilly but... it worked out so well. The sunset was lovely! And I got to see it from his back. We didn't have a stellar ride. He was good, but tracking left he is still ever so slightly braced in the right rein. I just see a teensy bit more of the right side of his face than the left and I tried my best but couldn't really get him to stay straight for more than a few strides. BUT we did have some good parts. We had some good canter departs. We had some good canter moments. We had some nice trot and some nice medium trots. My butt stayed in the saddle a little bit better during the canter today. And it was just nice to be on him. We didn't ride for very long because it was getting dark but ahhhhh... it did my soul good. :) 

And you know what.... God is amazing!!! Earlier today my friend messaged and said that her horse got loose during a hunter pace and was missing on the very very large piece of property. With my family over, I got distracted and didn't think about it until my ride. She finally messaged me back saying they finally found him and he was fine. And she was fine. And I was just overcome with grattitude. She has had so much loss this year that I really prayed hard that she didn't have another today. And God was watching out for her. He even had a hunter/tracker in plan... that was there and tracked her horse for 2 hours so they could find him. He has a plan and He's got our backs. And... Fleck didn't get kicked in the leg... or the skull. And not only will Fleck survive, I didn't even have a big vet bill (Please don't jinx myself)! Spending the day with my family who was so much fun, in my adorable wonderful house, playing with my three lovely ponies, who God felt so inclined to let me keep a little longer (this isn't the first time too He has let Fleck stay in my life longer than he may have).... it's just amazing. God saved my friends horse... and even preplanned to help her find him. And then another friend sent me an amazing Christmas present.... she had a friend paint Fleck and Dan. They are amazing!!! What a thoughtful wonderful gift. And... that same friend... had to retire her horse... but she was able to buy a new one today that has helped her say goodbye.... it's just so wonderful how He works in our good. And then the sky... I was just overwhelmed with gratefulness. I don't deserve any of this, but.... I'm very humbled and grateful that God loves me so. 







No comments:

Post a Comment