Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Going to the Beach!!! Again.... Cause I'm spoiled

 

BEACH TRIP!!!! Whoo hooo. How blessed am I? Two beach trips in one year. 2020 of all years too. 😊

HA! This time we went with Missy and Indi. We picked them up and headed out! Not on time… because ugh. Apparntely that's how I roll.  I was so annoyed. And cranky, because PMS. I had turned Dan out with Funny last night and they ran around like fools, but… at night check they were quiet. But this morning when I fed them breakfast, Dan got all anxious. I put him in the cross ties to change his blanket out and turn Fleck and Funny loose. And he lost his mind! Well, okay, maybe not.. .maybe *I* lost my mind…. And he just only slightly lost his mind. But he was wiggling and spinning around and knocking stuff over. And I got mad. Ugh. And then he got worse. Then he pulled back and freaked out. He stretched his rope halter out and tied the knot super tight so that I couldn’t undo it. Ugh. Oh well. We got on the trailer and headed out. Late, but… on the way. Sigh… BUT…. Things got better after that. I got uncranky… I apologized to Dan at Halfshire. It’s cool. We’re buddies again.

So off we went. Him and Indi were happy as clams to see each other again and immediately started playing bitey face and stealing each others hay. We made good time and got to Hunting Island with plenty of time before dark. We turned the boys out and Indi immediately ran after Dan to the second paddock, but the gate was partially opened and he went to the wrong side of it and… so he just jumped it. Almost from a stand still. Um…… holy moly! It was impressive. He caught one leg but stayed upright and was fine. Off to a great start! Ha. We went to the park and got passes and then stopped at the Johnson Creek Tavern restaurant for take out. They have REALLY GOOD she crab soup. 😊 YAY!!! It was good. We went to bed early because… it’s been a long day and we had to get up for sunrise!




No comments:

Post a Comment