Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Nothing spectacular, but... still a ride

 Ahh.... today is the start of my holidays! I woke up early to get the ponies ready for Freddie bright and early. The two F-ers got trims and Dan got shoes. They were all pretty good. Then I let Dan back out for a bit while I had lunch. Then I went for a ride. Luckily my side reins came since I still haven't found the 2nd one from when Dan took them out of the container from the round pen. So I lunged him first. And... he was really super! He looked pretty good too. So then we went to go ride. I used the pivo too. And ha!! For whatever reason... this is the 3rd video I've done with the pivo (of maybe 4 videos) and I'm wearing the SAME FRIGGIN OUTFIT yet again! ha ha... Doh! Oh well. 

It wasn't a super ride. He felt a little sluggish. And he was a little bit dull to my aids and our transitions weren't great or round. But he felt straighter in his head and more into the right rein for a good chunk of the ride. I felt like my seat stayed put in the canter more. So...not a bad ride, but not a great ride either. We didn't ride long because I had to get done in time to get to the closing for the arena! Yep.. this was the last time I was riding in it "for free". We put the deposit on it today and will start making payments to own it. :) Yay!!! My own arena!

Afterwards, Parker came out to see the farm and he wanted to meet Funny. Dan was showing off. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment