Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Good Day

 Today was a good day. I think Sunday was a win in more ways than one. I think both of us learned some stuff and retained it. :) 

Today was BITTER cold... but the sun was out and the wind settled a bit and I finished all my errands and had time, so... we went to ride. (And oh crud... I meant to explore the pasture to try to find my missing lunge line and side rein and forgot!). I ended up riding here because it was just getting too late to go to Ashland and my truck wasn't hitched yet and... why not?! We did our homework at the walk... turn on the forehand and turn on the haunches, both ways this time. Then we went to the trot and mostly just worked on keeping him in the outside rein... in a true connection. Then we cantered and got what felt like some fairly connected/collected canter. And you know what?? I didn't see his tongue once! We only had one little balky moment and it was super subtle. :) Yay!

So then we went on a short hack through half of the neighborhood. He was a bit bouncy. The UPS truck came and delivered some Christmas presents I ordered and he tried to spin a few times, but.. it wasn't nearly as violent as the other week. :) 

Good boy Dan! I was hoping to ride again tomorrow because I had some cancellations, but... I ended up filling most of the spots and I've got to pack because.... WE LEAVE FOR THE BEACH THURSDAY!!!! Whooo hoooo!!!



Did I mention it was COLD and WINDY last night and today?! :) Cause it was!


Post ride snacks with sissy!

No comments:

Post a Comment