Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Not Feral

Today was fun. :) Not really... I mean, not the whole day. Thankfully I didn't feel sick at all at the beach, but when we got home, I got that weird 24-48 hr flu type thing again. I felt like I had a fever and was tired and my head was killing me. I had to take 2 migraine pills yesterday and 1 today. And I was cranky. I was trying to get stuff done and people kept bugging me... so then I took a little nap because I just felt so awful and my phone wouldn't stop binging... so I don't think I ever slept, but.. the prescription pill kicked in and I felt better so... when the alarm went off, I got up and went and drug the arena. Then, I just wanted to ride. Despite being super cranky. I almost didn't, because... I was cranky and didn't want to take it out on Dan, but... I really wanted to ride. So I did. And I'm so glad because he uncrankied me. ;) 

We had a good ride. We did our homework - turn on the forehand and turn on the hindquarters. We drifted some and he still fell left some, but we got some better ones too. Our trots felt much more straight and steady in the connection. (oh, and our new bit came and it seems to fit him!). It felt like it was good progress. We also did some canter work and he got the left lead everytime! I felt like the canters were better and... I was watching myself in the shadows and I felt like I had a better idea of how to keep my butt in the saddle. I guess all that bareback riding on the beach helped out. :) Hopefully it actually is correct and not that I'm keeping my butt in the saddle because I'm collapsing my core or something equally offensive. We worked on our canter to walk to canters and even did the change of directions and got some good work. We even got it both way in the downwards, which used to be tough for him. So yay! We quit with that and I didn't bother with a hack as Mike had gotten home at that point and I was still tired and puny feeling. But I was no longer cranky and feeling much better and grateful we hadn't gone feral at the beach. 





No comments:

Post a Comment