Sunday, October 11, 2020

Witches and Dragons and Serpents Oh My!

 Today was a good day. Well, it ended good. I woke up with the migraine that I went to bed with.... despite 2 prescription pills and some otc pills. Sigh. I tried to sleep in but it wasn't helping, so I just got up and got the critters fed. Then Mike and I started to clean the walls in the house so we could paint them next weekend. We got two of the walls in the bedroom done and by then my headache had gone away. Thank goodness. Apparently motrin is the new helpful drug. We went for lunch and then came back and finished cleaning the walls in the bedroom and did the kitchen. Then we called it quits. The rest of the house is new enough and the bathroom will be gutted (hopefully sooner rather than later!) So then the weather was cooperating and actually not raining but it was so humid and the skies to the left were menacing, so.. I took Emma for a walk. Then Mike and I went to walmart and I made him go grocery shopping with me. When we got home, it was clearing and a bit less humid, so... I hopped on for a ride. It's been pouring on and off all night and all day (Thanks to the hurricane Delta.... we even had tornado watches here.. and probably why my head was killing me) so I wasn't sure how the ring would be. Turns out... not really rideable. Dang. But... we walked around a bit and practiced our straightness. We worked on the leg yields and the shoulder in to half pass at the walk. Then I trotted a smaller circle in the one area a couple of laps both ways. And then we quit. It was already deep in the one half and now it was very very boggy. Hopefully I can get that fixed soon. :) 



So then we walked around a bit and went to investigate Jean's halloween decor. Dan was not convinced about the dragon with the moving wings, but... he only spun once. He didn't get close though. Then we went out to the driveway and walked up to the serpent. He didn't have any movement so Dan was a lot braver with him. :) Hee hee... Maybe I can take him trick or treating on Halloween!



 Ha ha... His face... Um dude!! That's the face you make at me ALL THE TIME, so .... sush your piehole. 




No comments:

Post a Comment