Thursday, October 29, 2020

Shenanigans again!! Free rodeo viewing....

Oh Daniel!! So this morning this popped up on my FB feed and it made me giggle and think of Dan, so I jokingly posted it and basically pretended he hacked my fb post and put it up there. Well darn if that didn't come true. I was able to get in a ride but wasn't really feeling the need to do dressage again. I just wasn't feeling it. Although I wasn't necessarily feeling a neighborhood hack either. What I really wanted was to go to Ashland and do some fitness hacking and a gallop, but I didn't have enough time. I actually was only really able to ride because of a cancellation. So... I tacked up and debated. We started out to hack the neighborhood, then I changed my mind and went into the arena, and then I changed it again and we headed back out for neighborhood hack. Sigh.... poor life choice Holly... poor life choice. 

The weather was weird. It was post Hurricane Zeta and almost hot, but with a cool breeze. Lots of dark menacing clouds and... it just felt eerie. But then it would almost got hot. So, we headed off. We got to the lake and as we were going past the beach area Dan tried to spin and bolt and ALMOST dumped me. Like I was an inch within falling off. He spun a few times and I finally got him going. He was all freaked out because just in the trees going out of sight was a golf cart... I let him watch it, but then when it disappeared, I guess that was scary. The horizon ate it or something... so he tried to go home. So, after fighting a minute, I finally got him walking forward again. He tried a few times to stop, which isn't real fun on the top of the dam/road and on the edge of the asphalt. At least this morning Freddie put in some tiny road studs for us. Dan said "thanks for the extra traction for spinning Freddie!". ha. So then... we were almost to the end of the dam part and I heard a truck far behind us. I looked and almost panicked! It was a big tree removal truck. Eeeks. Luckily at this point Dan was going fairly confidently forward. I was just hoping we were going to make it past the dam and onto the flatter section before he realized the truck was coming. Luckily we did. Just barely. And then... he saw it. And spun and bolted. And almost dumped me again! You'd think I would have been ready for it this time! Then he tried to buck a few times... then spin... the back up... the buck... then spin.... the rear... then back up. So then I spun him... then we backed up a bit. Finally after about 30 seconds, during which (Thank God!) the truck driver had stopped and was just staring and waiting, Dan stopped. We took a second... thanked the truck drivers and waved them on. They looked a bit worried... hee hee.. And gracefully crept super slow past us. And then just before then passed us, I saw Rob walking on the other side of the road. He turned away as I glanced his way. I could just see him thinking "I didn't see ANYTHING.... nothing to see... nothing to see...". ha ha.. Jeeze!! I'm definitely not getting invited to ride with Jean again now. :) So then we carried on and I decided to be smart and turn around before we got to Jean's other property since that tended to get him all geeked up on a good day.... so we turned around and headed home. He was a little on the muscle, but... not as bad as the day before. Ugh... we created so many divots by the lake. Oops! At least that is "public" property there. Ding dong!





                                                                The divots!

No comments:

Post a Comment