Saturday, October 3, 2020

Hacking and Fitness: Dan just living his best life

 Today Mike had to sit through 8 hours of driving school.... for that speeding ticket he got. Whoops! So that meant I was able to go play! 

I ended up doing some work first so that meant Dan got to take a nap. He was sacked out in the sun and was even dreaming. Awwwww.... how cute! 




Once I got him up, Dan and I headed to Ashland and met Kelli and Marvin for a hack. We toured Ashland and enjoyed the gorgeous day. The sky was just amazing. Kelli even let us trot a bit so we were doing some of that. Of course as we're trit trotting down the path by the creek, I asked Kelli if she and Marvin were still okay and she couldn't hear me, so I turned my head to say it again so she could hear me. And apparently right about that time we came upon a dog and his two owners walking on the other side of the creek. Dan almost did a 180 and because I was turned around, it came out of nowhere! Luckily I stayed on and Dan quickly realized it was fine and we were able to carry on. But woah!! That came out of the blue. Hee hee. 

After our trail ride, I left Kelli and went and did some fitness work in the XC field. We had already trotted for 3 minutes, so we did a 6 minute set, going up and down the hills, then rested. Then we cantered. The plan was to do one lap each direction, but.... Dan had his own plans. It turned into a gallop up the hill, then a change to the other lead, then another gallop, then another change. Hee hee. So we played for a minute then I brought him back down. Then we picked up a proper canter for a little bit and cantered to the lake. We splashed and drank. Then we trotted back up to the arena's for the last 3 minutes of trotting. Dan wanted to investigate the jump arena so we did... and we found Josh, Lexi, and Oliver! We chatted and then we headed back. 







And... every time we unload, Dan has to pee in the flower beds. Which, at least he hits the pine straw instead of the grass or the roses. Doh!  And of course, once I turned him out, Dan had an awesome roll and then he and Fleck chiled the rest of the day, enjoying the beautiful weather!





No comments:

Post a Comment