Saturday, October 24, 2020

Maybe I don't suck entirely....

 Ahhh... I needed today. Yesterday was super stressful... and I'm still hormonal. But... I was able to get a little bit of sleep last night. I woke up to the dogs barking and coyotes going crazy... then woke up again in the wee hours of the morning to Dan attempting to flip his water bucket out. Like, last night after dinner, he was literally grabbing the edge in his teeth and attempting to pull it off the wall. Which resulted in it slamming against the wall repeatedly. Of course. :) The perils of living in a barn. (But I still love it!).  Anyways... I got up and helped Mike finish his car tent! Which will hopefully keep him happy until we can get his real garage done. Then I headed to Ashland for a ride. AHHHH..... 

I got there before Kelli so I went ahead and tacked up and was about the put his bridle on and just do a quick loop around the small lake before I hit the arena. She pulled in right as I was about to so I stopped and worked on her horses head and neck for a little bit because he was super stuck. Well... Dan apparently got bored because he turned and looked at us... shot us a look like "Ahem... I'm ready... LET'S GO!!!!!"... and then pawed a few times. I told him to be patient and he rolled his eyes and turned his butt to us.. and then untied himself. Ha ha... Ooops! Once I finished with Marvin I got on and we went for a quick spin. As soon as we hit the path between the two small lakes... Dan froze! The heron was in the path. We all froze. I had already pulled my camera out so I just videoed and waited. Finally I urged Dan forward and as he took a few steps, the heron flew out to the lake. Dan stopped so quick his hind end slid up to his front toes! ha ha.. Then we carried on. We just rode around that lake to the arena. 

 


 

 

So then we headed to the arena and did some dressage. It was actually a fairly lovely ride! We did our homework and then did some trotting and cantering. He was good! We had decent leg yields and shoulder ins. We even had the three loop serpentine to X (not the actual 3 loop), although the arena wasn't set up so we may have been wide. We did our canter lengthens...  overall, pretty darn good. :) Of course he may not have been truly in the outside rein...  But he was so good that I let him lengthen down centerline. BOY!! He got SPROINGY :) Hee hee. I know, I'm creating a monster, but it's so fun. :) 

So then we went for a nice long hack. We stopped at the lake and had a drink and a splash. Then we did a long walk. And he got bouncy. I told Kelli that he needed a bit of canter so she was nice enough to sit tight and let us have a canter. He didn't gallop though. Which was better. Then we headed back...  And then we went to Taylor's farm and he got a massage by Kathleen. He was a little naughty but not as bad. He enjoyed it and is making progress. :) :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment