Tuesday, October 6, 2020

We've gone Feral!!

 I decided to just ride at home today so we could practice some homework and then do the hack around the neighborhood. I may jave jinxed myself by wearing my awesome new shirt that a friend bought me! "Be a Unicornasaurus Rex in a world of T-rex's". Dan was a good boy in the arena. We worked on the straightness and... I'm starting to get sucked back into my own brain. BUT...  I do think I'm at least catching it now and able to talk myself back out of it. NOPE... push that left barrel back to the right, which will pick the right shoulder up. So we worked on it. We did lots of trot and walk... I also added some ground poles. We also did a little bit of canter and I mostly just tried to keep his neck coming out of the middle of his withers. BUT..... when I tried to straighten him on the left lead, he swapped. I am not thinking that's a good thing. I mean, yes, I want a change, but... I need it when I ask, not because I'm trying to straighten him and ride correctly. BUT, maybe it's a little bit of a good thing because he can do it. :) Ha! 

Anyways, then we went for a hack and he was a little sucked back on the way out. We passed two dogs, one being that adorable german shepherd puppy, on a golf cart and they barked at him but he didn't mind. However, once we got to Jean's other property and hit that loop, he got fired up! We went the opposite direction we had before and he was amped. So then once we passed the bamboo, I let him canter. I knew he would try to bolt so I tried to hold him. But I was in the nathe dressage bridle, so I only managed to rate him slightly. I did get him back before the driveway, but he jigged sideways most of the way down the driveway. Then he was prancy to the tennis court field. I decided I would let him canter in the field to get a little bit more energy out, but... he was NOT behaving. He kept trying to bolt. So we had to have a discussion. We managed a very collected canter and a very collected power trot before I just gave up and walked him home. ;) I'm glad he's feeling good!




Clearly my riding app is no longer working. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment