Thursday, July 12, 2018

Beating the Heat! ?


 Today I decided that I wanted to ride and I wasn't going to have time to do it after most likely. So I got my hiney up at 5:30 am and was on Dan by 6:30. It was still hot! And soooo muggy. But it wasn't too terrible. The bugs were kind of bad though, so next time... ear net and fly spray. We walked around the front field and did a little bit of exploring. Man.. I need to bush hog and spray weed killer. 

 So then we went to work. And ugh.. it is so hard to do any good steady work in the front field because the footing is just so... uphill, downhill, and varied. So then we headed to the "arena" because at least it's flat. That was better but it was hard to do some of the first level test moves. We rode without spurs and without the whip and worked on forward from the leg as well as did some regular stuff. 
 We had a good ride. And he was pretty sweaty and foamy so he got a quick rinse and then got to go in his stall under the fans. I changed and then I had a client show up. Danny soooo wanted to be his friend.  :) So.. yep, we'll have to do this a few times so that I can get some extra rides in. Although Lucy did offer to let me come and ride earlier than 9 am. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment