Thursday, November 23, 2017

New Ride!!!!

So... the planets aligned and I was able to buy a friends truck - a 2003 Ford 350 Dually Diesel!! With the good 7.3L engine. :) I was able to buy it outright, so no payments, which means... I could then finance a new trailer. So.... I did it! I bought a 2+1 and plan to use the +1 part as my tack room. I had them insulate it and add air and heat and a cowboy shower. I'm so excited. Now I can stay in my trailer and not have to get a hotel room. It's so exciting!!


I ended up having to go Wednesday to pick it up in Virginia. Which is way better than Delaware which is where it was originally. They shipped it to Virginia for the additions so I only have to get it from there. It was a 5.5 hour drive there, so really not too bad. However, I was supposed to be there at 1, but when I got there at 12:30, they said it would be a few more hours. Ugh... So I hung out, visited a park, shopped at the amish store, and then did some work scheduling people while I waited. It wasn't too bad. And it was worth it. It's so cool!!! The drive home was worse.... in the dark with the new trailer. And it took me a little closer to 6 plus hours. I left my house at 5:45 am, drove from Georgia to North Carolina, to Tennessee, then to Virginia, then back to Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and finally back to Georgia. 715 miles total. But I was able to get the trailer down the driveway. 

Turning it around is another story. It's going to take me a few tries to figure out the best way to do it. Doh! But we took it on the maiden voyage today!!! Yay! It was so good to be back at Ashland. 


Although dingbat.... was only in there by himself for about 12 minutes total while I rode Fleck... and he chewed up the breast bar already. Seriously DAN?!!!!!! Ugh... such a brat!

He was feisty today too! He may have reared up about 7 times but behaved and didn't do anything more than bounce up. :) 



Regardless of his antics and shenanigans I am forever thankful for this crazy kid. Today is Thanksgiving Day so I suppose I shall do a sappy thankful post. :) I'm so blessed... so very blessed. I really am grateful for all that God has given me and blessed me with. Dan is such a fun, goofy, quirky, silly, happy kid and I just adore him. I hope that we will have many more years of fun!









No comments:

Post a Comment