Saturday, May 2, 2020

Well... one problem solved!

So.... the truck isn't dead dead... it's career isn't over. BUT... it is a moderately priced repair. (Moderate I guess compared to replacing head gaskets)... and I have to fix it to be able to sell it, so... it's getting fixed. In the meantime... I decided to shop around, because I'm tired of Dan and I getting stranded on the side of the road... middle of the road... in the neighborhood... Especially with going to Tennessee... So, I went shopping. I tried the chevrolets... and it drove nice. But... meh. And I've heard that the engines in the newer ones are sketchy. So then we drove to Dogde and drove two. The used one drove nice but sounded awful. And the new one was ... meh. So then yesterday we went to a new dealership that Cindy recommended and they were amazing!!! And... I drove home in a new Ram. :) I got a great deal on a new one with 0% financing and the 3500 was the better deal, so... I've got a Ram 3500 diesel with 4 wheel drive. :) It's white... it's not super basic, but not super fancy, but it does have a power window to the back. :) Which makes me super happy. And... it already had the gooseneck hitch in it. :) So yahoo!! And I still will have the F350, which.. I can eventually sell, but don't need to immediately. :) 

Well.. the gooseneck hitch is installed but they didn't include the ball. And it's a weird new kind of hitch, so... luckily I was able to find one down the road at the trailer place this morning, so... we go to go ride!!! YAHOO!!! A few hours too late... as Dan was a WILD man this morning. Sigh...  I took the truck and trailer for a test ride without Dan first, and it drove great. :) So yahooo!!!

































Dan was a good boy and almost perfect on the trails. It was crowded at Ashland but we managed to avoid most of the people and Dan behaved himself. We saw two baby geese!! Then on our way back from the lake, they were mowing the XC field. Dan held it together and I was just telling him how wonderful he was and how proud of him i was... when he leapt straight up in the air on all four feet, and somehow managed to rear while in the air. To the point that he almost hit me in the face. But he landed on all 4 and walked off without any more shenanigans. He felt pretty good the whole ride, but there was multiple instances where he felt like his stifle collapsed. :( That makes me nervous... very nervous. But... nothing I can do about it.. other than what I am doing... lasering, bemering, isometric stifle work... 












 Overall, a good day. And I'm glad the little stinker is feeling good. :) And yay for being mobile again!








No comments:

Post a Comment