Friday, May 8, 2020

Tigger!!!

So... more rides is maybe the better choice for Dan than less rides?? Or maybe not, but maybe for me. ;) Ha!

I decided to not ride Tuesday because I needed to get my brakes done on the pilot and that would be four days in a row. So.. I didn't. And then I worked all day Wednesday, and it was SUPER windy....like worry that a tree would fall on my new truck windy! So, not wise to take the bored horse out for a walk. ha! So anyways, on Thursday.. we rode!

He was a super good boy and sat in the trailer forever while I watched Kelli ride Arwyn and then she watched me ride Marvin. Poor Marvin... I got some good walk work and some amazing trot work and then we got sidetracked by my position at the canter and the poor guy had to keep cantering! Oops. Oh well. He's fine. My position, however, is awful. And I can't figure out how to not hula hoop at the canter and stay in the saddle... and it was frustrating because... how can I practice now? Other than the occasional rides on Marvin, that I'm very grateful for! Sigh... so anyways.. then we took them on a very short trail ride and I came back and got Dan. Kelli stayed on Arwyn and came with me. We rode to the lake and back so Marvin wasn't left too horribly long. They were good. But man, Dan was on a MISSION!! Talk about a power walk. He left Arwyn in the dust. Granted, she was maybe not wanting to leave Marvin.. And Dan was bouncy! He kept sproinging up into a trot for a few strides.... then I'd sit deep and he'd come back. He even sprung into a canter for a step or two, then settled. It was like he just really wanted to go but was trying really hard to be good. So he just power marched. He got so far ahead that they were fixing the sign in the woods and Dan saw it, stopped, almost panicked and spun... the guy said something and Dan realized it was cool... walked on.. and THEN Arwyn saw the guy and started to panic. Hee hee. They both said hi and then we carried on to the lake. Dan splashed a little. Then we headed back to the trailers. At this point, Dan had breathed and was walking normal and then Arwyn decided she wanted to get back to Marvin, so she started power walking. After we dropped them off, Dan and I went for another short loop to get our full 45 min in. It was a gorgeous day. A smidge chilly and cool, but amazing for May!!











No comments:

Post a Comment