Sunday, May 17, 2020

Finding Good in the Bad

Today was a productive day. :) Mike and I finished putting the step bars on my truck. :) I got the front porch pressure washed and Mike was able to chain saw up my twisted tree that had fallen, and left me the XC jump (just in case!). Then a friend came and looked at our farm. I think it would be perfect for them, but... And then I snuck out for a ride. It was just us and we had the whole farm to ourselves. It was a very pretty day too. 

Dan was a good boy. He was either tired or just not into shenanigans without any witnesses. I think he may be a bit tired because his hind end felt a little weak. He bottomed out a few times... but we did some more hills too, so... ?? I'm trying very hard to stay optimistic, but... when I feel stuff like that I panic. Is it because he's weak and unfit? Is it because I pushed him too hard too quick? Sigh.. He was also really obnoxious about eating grass. Guess I've been a little too lenient. 

But overall... it was a good ride. I'm on my pony. We had a lovely hack in lovely weather with lovely scenery. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment