Monday, May 25, 2020

Birthday Celebrations!

Danomite!!!! He turns 9 today. :) NINE!!!!! It's hard to believe my little baby boy is 9 years old. Wow! 




I'm so proud of the little punk. He really has turned into the best horse. Despite his cheekyness and his shenanigans (which quite frankly, I adore), he is a GOOD boy. He does all of the things. And despite the fact that our future as an event horse and dressage horse is up for debate.... I am fully confident that he COULD have been my P3D horse and my bronze medal (if not silver medal) horse. I honestly think he was that talented. So it kills me that he may not get to do it, but... I guess he doesn't care. Luckily, he's so much fun doing other things, that.... maybe we'll be okay just doing other things. 

Anyways... I'm so proud of the Danimal. I really am. We went to Ashland today to celebrate. Today was the day we are allowed to ride after his injections. And it was supposed to be a light ride... just a hack... just a 30 minute hack. Oh.... 30 min? That's like, our cool down after a dressage ride. Oh well. It's a ride! Except.. we cheated! Oops.  I didn't mean to. I ended up riding Marvin before Dan, so I wasn't quite ready to join Cindy and Dawn at first, so they started without me. When I did get on, I headed out and didn't see them in the XC field so I went in the woods and up to the far hay field by Halfshire. Then they texted me back saying they were in the jump field so we meandered that way. We caught up to them after the dam and then Dawn wanted a creek crossing since Jackson had acted goofy over the one they did earlier. So went back through the field, to the "fire swamp" section, then crossed the little creek and did twix and tween. Then we crossed the other creek and then we ended up at the lake. Dan splashed and had a blast and then... we went for a short little swim! Wheee!!! First one of the year. :)

Then we headed back and ate some watermelon and clover and headed home. :) Except our 30 min ride turned into an over hour ride. Ooops! But... after the swim as we were heading back to the trailers, he did a little trot and felt really pretty good so...??? :) Hopefully I didn't overdo it. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment