Thursday, April 30, 2020

Oh for Crying Out Loud.....

I should have just stayed in bed.... 

I got up and Freddie came and shod Dan. At least we were able to pull his front pads... and he changed his shoes a little behind... no need to drill and tap either :( Sobs..... So I saved a little bit of money. 

Then Mike and I went to the bank... twice... because I forgot my purse with my license. argh..

Then I came home and decided to go ride before I had to clean the house. So I loaded Dan up... and we headed down the road. And.. my check engine light came back on. Funny, I was just thinking I probably ought to get that checked out before I go to Tenn... but it was only on twice and it went right off both days, so...  But not today. Nope.. it stayed on and I sort of felt like the truck wasn't as responsive. So I called Lead Foot to see if I could drop it off later that day. While I was talking to him, it decided that even when I pressed the pedal down, it was not going to go above 35 mph... so I decided I would turn around and drop Dan off and take the truck in now... and then .... it... exploded! It wouldn't go.. then it basically quit on me... started smoking... and died. Right in front of the gas station, but there was no power. So I turned it off and tried to crank it up again. NOPE! Nada... So.. since I was still on the phone with Lead Foot... he said he wound send a tow truck. While I was talking to him, some nice guy stopped and was asking if I needed help and offered to tow me to the gas station or the parking area of the recycle place so I wasn't in the middle of the road. Then a cop drove by and stopped and was trying to talk to me. So then I called Peri to ask her to come... and bring a chain if she had one because the nice guy who stopped didn't have a chain and couldn't pull me. And then I had to message Mike... and he showed up too. So finally... the wrecker got there and was able to tow me to the parking lot of the recycling place. Then we got my truck unhitched and then he was able to drag it out from under my trailer and pull it up on the tow truck. Sigh... Bye Sally... And then Peri showed up and we were able to get her truck hitched and she took me and Dan home. 

So then Mike and I spent the next 2 hours cleaning the house and then we went to go look at trucks while Jacel showed the house. We got to Chevy and Jacel texted and said the guy backed out (for the 2nd time).... ARGH. So Mike and I looked at chevy's then drove to look at some Dodge's... and then came home. 

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH



No comments:

Post a Comment