Monday, June 17, 2024

Upright

 Well... he stayed upright today. 

I worked but did manage to get in a quick rehab walk and lunge. I took him to the culdesac and we did some pillar walking. And then we did the hill and zig zagged the neighbors ditch. He did pretty well though he does look a hair neuro still. He also spooked hard at a bike going by but that was legit. I tried to take a cute photo of our shadows and he stuck his tongue out. Hee hee. Oh, and... I did get more progress with our cookie stretches. He seems looser going to the right now and was able to do it farther without twisting his poll. 

Then we went to the roundpen and I put the bellboot on his right front and lunged him. He was happy to go but is still lame. Today he maybe looks only lame on the front, not so much in the back too. But it's still there and still pretty obvious. I did take the lunge line off and just free lunged him when we cantered because... I figured it was easier. And he stayed upright. He actually looked better at the canter today. So yay! And the footing in the roundpen is a bit more treacherous than in the arena. So... that should help his proprioception some. We kept it short and then I let him stay out there and graze while I fed the dogs and cats. 

I did scan him today before I lunged him and he is still sore in both SI joints and over his hip points on both sides. So, maybe I'll shockwave his pelvis tomorrow. I plan to acupuncture him. I also need to K tape him and electroacupuncture him. I just... was too tired today. I adjusted 9 horses today. (well, 8 plus one acupuncture). And it's hot and miserable. I did at least bemer him though. 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment