Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Breathe.... just breathe

 Ahhhh.... just trust God, Holly... just trust Him. He provides.

After my near breakdown earlier this week... I talked to a few friends and suddenly... all was well again. Kelli mentioned that she got a "vision" or feeling or... something... that the devil was just attacking me hard. And I had those thoughts too. I'm tired... I'm weak... he knows where to hit me. And I was trying my best to remember God... But God. But I was breaking. And Kelli said she sat in her closet and prayed hard over me... she sent me some prayers about putting on the armor of God and.... it was like.. suddenly.. the devil lost his hold on me. I was okay. Talking to a few other friends helped. I... just felt better. Thank you God. I know that was you. And thank you to my friends and clients (who have become friends) for checking in on me and asking how Dan is doing. It means a lot to me and helped remind me that... I have a lot to be grateful for. It's gonna be okay. And if it's not... it's still ultimately gonna be okay. 

So I was in a much better mood, which was great because I ended up putting in a 19 hr day before we left for the beach. Dan got to get turn out time though so he was happy. I think I put them out at 6:30 when I got home and then made dinner for me and Mike and then did stalls and other things and then finally brought them in for dinner and the night at 11:30! 

The next morning he got out for about 1.5 hours or so while I did the barn and got the last bit of things done. Then I had to take him to Aubreys for camp! At this point he looked pretty much normal neuro wise. I may still have seen something down hills had I checked. He's still short strided on the right front but he let me stretch his leg out and really leaned into the stretch. So... ??? He also wasn't real thrilled about bending to the right for cookies though last night he did better with it. Though he did have to finagle himself just right to do it. So... we'll work on it and other things when I get home. I'll do some electroacupuncture and some more bemering (which he seems to like) and maybe get Lexi to come work on him. 

So we headed to Aubreys. I dropped him off in a stall as Aubrey was at a show coaching. She hadn't turned on her fans so she told me I could run an extension cord and bring my own fan, so I did. He's bougie. ;) Ha ha! She messaged me later that night and said that she saw the slight neuro too (Ugh...) but would keep an eye on him and he seemed happy. She said he would get some outside paddock time and some stall time.  I got home with the empty trailer and Funny was so upset! I'm sorry baby girl. I promise he's coming back!!! 

And then.. we finally got to the beach. And thank you God this is perfect!! It's amazing. It's so quiet and peaceful here. The place we rented is perfect. It's on the beach. Literally... we can sit on either porch and look out onto the ocean. I can hear the waves crashing through the closed doors. There's so few people on the beach. I can hear birds and crickets. There's an amazing breeze. It's exactly what I needed. And then I had to laugh because all of my bible verses I had missed lately and were reading were "keep the sabbath hold"... "He leads me beside still waters"... and REST! Okay... got it! Resting!!!! 

It's been great. It was so great in fact, and I was so tired, that I didn't even really miss the ponies until a few days in. But just as I was about to reach out... Aubrey sent me a text with a video of him rolling saying "Proof of life". ha ha. Then today... I was cracking up because she sent me two videos....

Classic Dan! Oh how I miss him! 


She did say she was doing some stretches with him, which is amazing! So.... while I am enjoying the peacefulness here and restoring myself.. I'm also praying. Praying that God gives me the wisdom and knowledge on what to do for Dan to make him happy. And the courage and peace that it will be what it will be and that... even if it doesn't end up how *I* want... it'll be okay. 

Oh, and speaking of good friends... *Thanks Aubrey for taking such good care of Dan* and also thanks to Cindy for sending me Danny photos today too! She said that she didn't see him move but he wasn't snarly when she said hi to him so she does think he feels better. Ahhhh... exactly what I wanted and needed to hear!



No comments:

Post a Comment