Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Better!?!

 I think he's a hair better! He's definitely not dragging his toe other than maybe every once in a while. But definitely not every step or even frequently. And he looks less neuro. He's still a bit short strided but it's not as obvious unless you're looking. 

 

This morning Funny broke free from being led back to the barn.. chaos ensued... ultimately causing Lyric to go galloping off whih meant that Dan also cantered around a bit. It was hard to tell from far away but.. no falling down. I couldn't really see enough to say if he looked sound at the trot or the canter was normal, but...again, he didn't fall down. 

 

He's also much happier now that he's out. I think it was the right choice. I get it.... But, honestly.. he was getting depressed.. he wasn't eating (though that could be the chinese herbs or the trazadone pills) and he was just getting angrier. And I was struggling with having to add all that extra time. And at least if he's out, he can move around on his own accord and do his own rehab. 

We did get to do a little bit of rehab today. We did our culdesac walk with pillars. His scapula is still inflated although maybe starting to deflate a little bit again. He is able to do pillar 3 although not great. It almost looks as if he's "throwing" it over vs picking and lifting, but we'll keep trying. And he's definitely better about stretching to both sides for cookies. And the downhill seems better. We also did our ditch zigzags. Although... at one point a few crows jumped out cawing and scared the tar out of us both. He jumped and when he landed, his hind end looked a hair neurologic. It was so quick though I can't really say for sure. 

I plan to try to electro him again tomorrow or thursday and may also try to lunge him. I just didn't want to dash my hopes today, but... I am hopeful again. And... no reason to push it. Though it's really hard for me not too!

No comments:

Post a Comment