Sunday, June 16, 2024

Coming Home!

 and.... there goes my peace and tranquility! Doh!

We stopped at Buccees on the way home to get food. Bad idea. It was the big buccees on 75 on a Saturday in June. It was crowded. Some guy was like "this is an effin nightmare" as I walked by and I had to agree. It took us 45 minutes and we didn't even get the food we had ordered... we just grabbed a premade salad and jerky. Sigh. And then when we got home I went to get Dan at Aubreys. Oooooh, it was so good to see that grumpy face!! And Boop it. And boop it some more. He did say hi to me and seemed happy to see me. Aubrey was having her going away party so that was fun. I hung out and chatted with friends for a bit and had some delicious food. But then I adjusted two horses for her. And that was fine. But.... it was hotter than heck... no air flow.... I didn't bring anything cold to drink. And my battery.. just died! Like... I was good chatting with clients and then all of a sudden it was like... I've got to get out of here! I just want to get my pony and go home. A whole week of peace and tranquility and then ... way too many people and too much socializing! I literally went POOF! Luckily I was able to extricate myself fairly quickly and I grabbed Dan. He nickered at me. I think he was ready to go home too! It was dark by then too! 

 

I was sort of hopeful because while I was chatting with friends Dan was being silly. He was kicking the door with his right front, which is reaching forward with it so yay! And he was being silly... raking his teeth on the walls and messing with his neighbors over the wall. But then when I went to load him up, he was being a butt and wouldn't load for a bit. And he looked a hair neuro... like he sort of walked off the side of the ramp... he was resistant to load (which isn't like him). So.. yeah. I don't know.

 
We got home and he was super happy to be home. He didn't finish his dinner at Aubreys and I hadn't fed the kids at home, so I red him a little bit, but he really didn't eat. While I was letting the others finish and putting water in the middle pasture. (The line is still broken so no auto waterer and thus I had to muck cart water out in the muck cart) he was at his gate KICKING THE CRAP out of it... pawing at it... climbing it. Ugh... sir.. NO SIR!!! I was yelling at him. Sigh... My plan was to turn him out overnight anyways.... because... grass... I'm over stall rest too. And he's now able to start lunging. But golly I was so annoyed and mad at him for not really giving me a choice! 

 
So I turned him out and everyone followed, so I just let them all go out together instead of just putting Funny with him. And they were all fine. Even him and Fleck. Phew.

Now just don't colic or founder on grass since you've been in the dry lot for a week now. 











No comments:

Post a Comment