Monday, October 24, 2022

Soaking up the Magic

 Ugh.. I'm not sure why I'm so blue lately. Well, I can pinpoint what is making me blue, but I'm not sure why I'm fixating on all of it suddenly? Maybe because my friends are all struggling and I'm bearing their burdens too? Maybe because I'm just tired. Maybe because my shoulder, wrist and thumb won't stop hurting and it's wearing on me? I don't know. I just know that today I feel like a failure in so many ways. I'm disappointed in myself and my lack of self control and.. all the things. I'm frustrated with so many things and irritated at my lack of patience. And.. I'm just blue. 

 

So I slept in this morning, which was awesome. My bed is pretty amazing and it was all warm and cozy and snuggly with Mike. After I eventually got up and got everyone fed and back inside it was almost 10 am! Whoops! Mike and I did a "deep clean" on the house. He tackled the bathroom (Yay) and I got the rest. Then we went for a bike ride to get lunch. We went to the Roe and then got ice cream at Scoops. Then we took the slightly longer scenic route home. And then I had to unload hay and grass seed and rehitch the truck. Kelli and Judy were riding but I didn't quite make it in time. And also, I wasn't quite sure I was invited. I mean, I think I was.. it was implied, but because I'm blue I was pouty a little that it wasn't more obvious. Which is stupid. It's just me being pouty and pitiful. But, still. I wasn't really up for a busy chatty ride. Plus I knew that I needed to clip Dan because he was so sweaty yesterday. So, instead of rushing... I gave him a bath. Then I put him on the trailer and the plan was to take Lyric too and pony her. Except.. she wouldn't load. Well, she loaded but didn't stay on long enough for me to put the butt bar up, so... and then she wouldn't load. And then I got annoyed. So, I managed to get her back on, praise her, and then back her off as/before she decided to back off on her own. I tossed her out and was like "Well, no adventuring for you then!". Sigh.. So I guess it was just Dan and me. I thought about grabbing Funny too but she didn't walk up to me so I decided to just go with Dan. 

 

We got to Ashland and he was still slightly damp and for whatever reason my brain thought that bareback would be better than in the dressage saddle. So we went bareback. I ran into Kelli and Judy as I was heading out and we chatted briefly. Dan enjoyed a short game of bitey face with Teller. Hee hee. They are hilarious. They were having fun. But Kelli had to get home and Judy didn't want Teller to eat Dan's bridle, so.. we parted ways. Dan and I spent the next 1.5 hours by ourselves just soaking up the magic. We did some trotting and some cantering and he felt pretty good. We saw deer... passed a few other people but not close enough that I had to talk. :) We also saw a huge coyote in the XC field and we "chased" him. Hee hee. Which, worse case scenario, I suppose Dan and I can become foxhunters. 

 

It was nice and peaceful and enjoyable and helped my mood considerably. We got home at 6:15! Eeeks. Whoops! I fed them and then came inside to cook dinner and eat. Afterwards I decided to go ahead and clip him if he hadn't rolled yet, because... that was the whole point. It was either that or wait til after our lesson Tuesday, which.. would be okay, but this week is supposed to be in the upper 70's and he's so hot! I got lucky because he eating hay near the barn so I was able to catch him without having to hike. 

 
He was actually really good for the most part. He was on high alert so while he wasn't relaxed and soft in his neck (sigh) he was still. I managed to get his whole body done. I thought about leaving his butt, doing the zip clip, but... I wanted to try a new design in his butt, so I just went ahead and did his whole body. There are so many lines in his butt as my blades weren't new, but... it is what it is. We're not showing anytime soon, so... ;) I decided that maybe instead of a T-Rex this time, we could do a dinomite stick. #Danomite! So we did. It turned out pretty cute. I tried to do both sides but the second one was not starting well so I just shaved it all. He was a little wiggly at his withers and the top of his poll, but I was able to bribe him with treats and we got him done with only minimal growling and spankings. Yay!

 

So now, hopefully he won't sweat like crazy in his lesson and be miserable. And hopefully he won't freeze when I pull his blanket off in the morning to go work! ha! But tomorrow at least is supposed to be pretty warm at 8 am and warm up very quickly so.. he'll survive. 






No comments:

Post a Comment