Friday, October 21, 2022

Homework

 I got home from work at 5 pm today! Whoo hooo! So I went and worked all 3 ponies before it got dark. I did Funny first and while lunging her she got loose and went bonkers flying all over the arena... sliding stops. Child! She put some serious divots in the ground. But it was nice to see that she didn't tear through to the base really, so yay. 

 

After her I worked Lyric in the round pen and then I grabbed Dan after that. I decided he could go up to the arena cause he was a big boy. He was happy to put his halter on and we walked in pillar 1 to the arena. He didn't care that the others didn't come up. 

 
We did our pillar work and worked on all 3 pillars. Good boy. Then I went to lunge him and he grabbed the rope in his mouth and got loose. He also went careening around the arena. Sigh. Seriously guys?! I finally caught him but he did it two more times! Ugh. He was cantering a lot which was interesting to watch. He did seem to prefer his left lead. And some of the time he was on the right in the front but not in the back. Although I did see him swap behind to the right lead at least once, but it was definitely not a clean change... it was only after a long time cross cantering that he swapped behind. But at least he swapped to the right behind instead of swapping back to the left up front. So.. hmmm.. not sure if I should be panicking yet or not. He also managed to canter through the trot cavaletti's... although he was going away from me so it was hard to see exactly what he was doing, especially as the sun was blinding me. 

 
Bad ponies! But after I finally caught him he put in some nice stretchy trot on the lunge. Poor dude was sweaty! He definitely needs a hair cut after this weekend. It should be warm enough to give him a bath. My only worry is that once I clip him, he'll still have to be naked in the morning when it's chilly because it's going to get warm enough during the day to not wear a sheet. But, oh well. He's getting too sweaty when we ride. Or lunge.. .apparently. ;) 

We did get some nice sunset photos and he was more pleasant today. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment