Sunday, October 9, 2022

Hack Day: Taking a break

 So... Dan and I both needed a break I think. Or maybe just me. I'm making myself crazy trying to do everything right for him and make him happy and not take it personally when he snarls at me. And not obsess that I'm doing stuff wrong or screwing him up. Like... apparently a tight cavesson can impinge on fascia and cause hind limb issues... Sigh... I can't win. So, I gave up today. 

 
Today we just went to the woods with Funny for a happy romp. I meant to do a tiny bit of pillar work before hand but ended up chatting with someone about a coyote sighting so by the time I was able to get on, I just got on. I had forgotten about pillar work. Maybe not a bad thing today.

 
We headed out and I decided to go backwards from our normal way so we headed up the hill behind stadium and then went up the hill behind cross country and then down sideways. Then we trotted alongside the creek, crossed the big creek, and then hacked along the other creek. We did some more trotting. Both ponies were super! We met up with Kathy, Tierney and Jan and chatted briefly. All spots or paints today. :) Then we trotted some more and then we headed back home. Dan decided to offroad and the trail that was a trail... wasn't really anymore so we had to turn around. ha ha. Poor Funny. She got caught up in some thin branches and had to drag it with her for a bit before I could get it untangled from her rope. 

 
We ended up finishing in the XC field and I made Funny go up and down the banks, over the two ditches, and in and out of the water via the bank. So Dan had to do it too. We also trotted up the hill. 

It was a lovely day and gorgeous out. And the kids were pretty good. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment