Saturday, October 8, 2022

I love my arena!

 Today is day 1 of staycation!! Thank God!! I'm a little sad that Dan and I aren't heading to St. Augustine for a beach trip, but... It's also nice to have a staycation. I've already made so many plans! But today... today was a little bit Mike and a lot of ponies. And riding in my beautiful arena at home! 

 

I slept in a little. Then Mike and I went for breakfast. We went to Yesterdays Cafe, but not on the bike, cause it's a bit chilly. Another Praise God! I'm so grateful for the lack of humidity and the slight crispy chill air. It's LOVELY! And we had beignets. Not as good as Cafe Du Mon, but not bad. Then we came home and put the doors on the dog mansion. And then I rode. Well, I worked Lyric and Funny first. Then I worked Dan and then I rode Dan. We did our pillar work and then I lunged for a little bit. He seemed a bit tired and his cough was bad today so we didn't do a ton. But I did ride with the neck rope and that is still very helpful for pillar 2. We even got a good Pillar 3 both ways under saddle. We did some trotting and he felt pretty good. He stayed in a lovely soft neck shape most of the ride with very little asking on my end. And I sort of thought he felt a little bored, so we played with the leg yields again. Just shallow ones. And then, I thought... you know.. let's reward him a little... I asked him if he wanted to lengthen down centerline and he said YES! And he did. It was a good effort and it was lovely considering where he is right now. Was it a true lengthen? Maybe, but not as good as it will be. And it was maybe a little bit not straight, because I imagine his push is less on the right hind. But for his current level of fitness and strength, it was a very nice effort! We did it twice just for funsies and then I called it a day. We rode for 18 minutes total. Ha ha. But we had also lunged and did in hand work. And then we hacked out to the pasture and found the herd. I hopped off and grabbed Funny and then her and Dan and I went on a hack to the lake. They were both great but I was getting hungry so we just went to the lake and back. Good ponies!








And then we took some updated confo shots for our comparison photos. The boy is looking nice!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment