Saturday, September 19, 2020

Yeeehawwww

 

Today was interesting. The boys seemed to have settled down at the new farm and are out grazing and not wreaking havoc... so much. ;) So I took the earlier part of the day to do some errands. We went and got hay. Turns out I can probably fit at least 36 bales of hay in my hay closet! Then we took the boat trailer up to the storage place so they can go get the boat and winterize it for us. Then we had lunch. So when we finally got home it was about 4 pm. I hooked back up and grabbed Dan and we headed over to Charlie Elliot to go ride. Ashland was having their show and quite frankly, I just didn't want to have to chit chat with everyone. So as we were pulling out of the road onto the main road.... a huge semi-truck/moving truck was turning in. They had pulled up too far for me to turn right because I had to swing wide and hew as in my way. But I was in his way. So I started to back up and got a little bit backed up and he started turning. Wait dude! I'm not backed up enough... and then I had turned a little and was going off the road. But he didn't stop... until he almost hit me. Then we were both stuck. Sigh.. I tried going forward to be able to back straighter, but I couldn't get anywhere. So then he had to try to back up.... It was ridiculous. We both went forward and back about 7 times and I finally got straight enough that I could get back far  enough for him to pass. Good grief!!!  So then when we got to Charlie Elliot... I wondered if it was open. So I called and nope... bow season. Closed til Sept 30th. So....back we went to the horse park. I probably should have just gone home and ridden at home, but he was already in the trailer. So we headed to the horse park. I decided to go to the steeple chase field and Dan was on edge! I got him tacked up and we headed out but... I feel like the steeple chase field is no longer open to horses??? So we carefully went around it and then headed to the woods. Dan was on edge and on the muscle! There was too much terrain to time our trots so we just trotted when we could. We ended up doing 11 minutes of trot instead of 9. Oops. Dan was power trotting too! And we accidentally cantered for 23 seconds. Whoops. He also jumped the 2 creeks 4 times. And then we walked over a big log going out, but when we came back... he had a fit and spooked at it from like 20 strides back. It took us 10 minutes to get to it and then I thought he was going to leap over it like a frog. Nope, he calmly walked over it. Goober. We finally got back and he was on his tippy toes because of the bikers and people playing in the field. I almost couldn't get him untacked he was so agitated. I finally just put him on the trailer, figuring I'd hose him off when we got home. Turns out they were running remote controlled cars. OH! That's way. So yep... fun ride.... he felt great! And now I wonder if he feels so good that I won't be able to manage him again. :) Doh!








No comments:

Post a Comment