Thursday, September 17, 2020

Taming/Entertaining the Beast

Sometimes I feel like a babysitter! Poor Dan. He NEEDS his little baby sister to show up so he can have SOMEONE to play with. Even with being ridden Tuesday...he was so bored today! Hurricane Sally was here and it poured all night long. POURED! Like it filled up 3/4 of my water troughs poured. And the weather channel said rain 100% all day long. So, I slept in a little... fed ponies... cleaned stalls and dumped poo in the rain... got new shavings in the rain... filled water buckets and hay bags. (The new barn has those cool basket hanging ones that are easy to fill and hung high enough that I thought we were safe... plus I can't dissasemble anything until we buy the farm officially). Then I went and got my tires inflated and attempted to get my brakes done. Turns out I don't need brakes. I went to the grocery store. And then when I got home, I noticed that Dan was bored. He apparently was running the fence line with the dogs.... biting at them and teasing them. Except... with all the rain, it was a bit of slip and slide! Eeeks. No Dan...  So I brought the dogs in. Plus it was starting to drizzle again. It's basically been raining or misting all morning. Well, then Dan went into his stall and was making faces at me and rubbing on the bars in the stall. So... fine, let me entertain you beast! Will that make you happy? 

So... I decided we would hack in the rain... we could tour the farm and maybe the neighborhood. But first.. he desperately needed to be hosed off. He was NASTY! Caked on clumps of dirt and mud.. sweaty and muddy... So I put him in the wash rack and hosed him off. Then we put the bareback pad on and his wonder bit bridle and we headed into the pasture to see what the rain did and explore the pasture. Fleck came along and we just meandered around. We saw the XC jumps... some really nice ones! We saw the trees and realized we need to do some chain sawing...  We even trotted a little and did the trot poles/amoeba jumps in a line. Then we were still bored and the rain/drizzle had stopped entirely, so... we headed down the road to see the neighborhood. Fleck was very unhappy and screaming, but Dan was pretty brave. We managed to walk to the lake and back.

So yep... I had to entertain the beast! Which is not as easy as it sounds! Unfortunately, in ways, it had stopped raining and the rest of the afternoon was lovely... which means I could have ridden ridden instead of just farting around, but oh well. It was still helpful to get on the pony. :) Hopefully Saturday i can go to Caharlie Elliot, since they are having the show at Ashland. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment