Thursday, September 24, 2020

Frustrating Ride

ARGH!!!!

I've head a headache for days it seems and I can't get my neck to stop aching. So that's adding to my stress. Today I got up early to ride before Logan came to shockwave Dan and do their coggins. Which was great, as it's going to rain. It was a pretty morning, so I fed the horses. And then the dogs didn't cooperate and they are still escaping. So I'll have to figure out how to fix their pen soon. So I got on Dan and rode him in the pasture up to the arena. I figured that Fleck would follow us and then he wouldn't be screaming and then Mike wouldn't be annoyed. Except... they are doing work at Jeans... and the boys were distracted by that. So Dan was on edge and Fleck was on edge. So I finally get on and get up to the arena and now... they have this schreeching beeping annoying noise that is driving us all bananas.. and they are chainsawing down tree limbs and moving them. So Dan is freaking out! Like heart pounding out of his chest freaking out. And Fleck leaves us and heads back to his stall. Sigh... I managed to get back on Dan but we then spent the next 15 minutes spinning in circles, threatening to bolt, backing up, etc. All things that are not conducive to keeping him sound. Especially as that corner of the arena is deep. I got so frustrated. Fleck abandoned us and is probably screaming down at the barn, which is probably pissing Mike off. So... the guys finally quit with the chainsaw and the dumpster truck left, which stopped that terrible beep. And Jean's horses came up, so Dan finally settled enough to walk and trot. And... really, I just wanted to see if he was sound with the saddle BEFORE we did the shockwave to make sure that I could differentiate between saddle and shockwave. So... argh!! Finally I managed to get him breathing enough that we could trot and I could tell. And... still hitchy. :( Sadness.... so much sadness. So we beebopped around and trotted and did some serpentines. Then Jean showed up and we chatted a bit. So then I was finally able to get the last little bit of trotting in and then I headed back to the barn. Meanwhile I can hear Fleck screaming and the dogs barking. Sigh... I finally get Dan hosed off and Mike is talking to Jean and Jeremy in the drive... then Logan shows up. So... we got Coggins done and got Dan shocked....  and Logan is loud, so I'm worrying about Mike then too. Meanwhile Cindy is texting me and Kelli is messaging me and I'm trying to talk to Logan. So finally... Cindy shows up and Logan leaves... so then I'm talking to Cindy and gave her the tour. Good grief! Meanwhile, my head is still killing me and the whole time Emma is barking and being annoying. Which is not helping my crankyness. BUT.... what did help my crankyness was Cindy coming by.... being a good friend... getting to see Logan again and chat with him... and getting Dan treated. And now... getting to take a head pill. And now it's raining too so maybe that will help my head. 








No comments:

Post a Comment