Tuesday, September 22, 2020

All the Feelings....

 But mostly good ones!!!! Oh, so many good ones :) :) :)

I met Jean this morning and she took me on a tour. And Cindy had brought me an innovation to try to see if the different head plate helped Dan's hitchyness. (That hideous orange one, but I'm grateful for the option to try it!). Anyways... it's comfy! We rode down the road, past the lake and then to her A frame house. She showed me the path around it. It's a nice little stretch around the 16 acres and it goes along the lake some too. It's soooo pretty! She told me I could ride it anytime. :) It'll be a great little conditioning track. Dan was fired up and bouncy because she was in the lead but he mostly held it together. Towards the end she wanted to trot and that meant that Dan bucked/bounced/cantered/leapt... but... oh well. We also trotted over a small log that he jumped! YAY!!!! Man it felt good. Technically we're still at 9 minutes, but quite frankly... the last 3 rides have been 11 minutes, so.. oh well. So then we got back to the farm and she went to go work so I took Dan up to the arena to play a little. Clearly he had some steam he had to let off!











We got up to the arena and of course he wasn't nearly as bouncy but that's ok. We walked around a bit. The footing is a bit deep, but not too bad. So we walked a bit and then trotted and... he felt great. Like... really great! Like.. no lame steps.. no hitchyness. We even did some serpentines and smaller circles to test it out!! I even cheated and cantered a circle or two each way. It was amazing! Ahhhh.... I'm so excited about his comeback. He felt soooo good!! Yay!


So then I get back to the house and Mike is cranky because the internet sucks and Fleck was screaming the whole time we were gone and he was trying to work and his employees suck. Sigh... And the appraisal came back on the farm.... under asking price. Why does this keep happening to us??? Luckily not by a ton, so maybe they'll come down or we can figure something out. Because I really do love it here. So I unpacked the barn storage room a bit and got it a little bit more organized and then Mike was in a better mood and then we went to the tennis courts and played tennis. It was really fun. I really enjoyed it. So hopefully that will help him like this place more. And.. did I mention the weather was PERFECT!!! Chilly and cool but with warm sun and beautiful blue skies and fluffy white clouds. We were warm playing tennis but didn't sweat and just a teeny bit chilly on the walk back. So overall, an amazing day!! Which finished with a lovely view before sunset. 








No comments:

Post a Comment