Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Daniel Floyd Breaux... NO SIR

 Sigh...

Why is he like this??? 


So... I get it... he's bored. He twisted his shoe last week... Freddie came Wednesday evening and fixed it. He put epoxy on it and did the other foot even... and Thursday morning, when I woke up... the right hind was GONE! Completely ripped off. Argh. So... he had to wait, because Thursday was moving day. Which was fine, in a way, as I shouldn't have been riding anyways because I needed to be moving and unpacking. So Freddie came on Monday evening and pulled both shoes and made him some slide plate shoes. Which... I'm not sure that they are going to accomplish what Keelin wants them to accomplish, but... at least he can hopefully keep them on. 

I would have thought the new farm would be entertaining... and it is.. just not in a good way. ;) He's alreayd poked half of the stall bars back out..... stuck his nose through the opening and almost got his head stuck. He's pulled one of the hay racks partially off so there is a sharp edge. He's kicked a board off the stall door (Although to be fair, that one was pretty loose anyways), and he's tipped the water trough over and knocked 6 buckets off the hooks in the stall before I realized that the bucket clips were bent and fixed it. 

And then.... after lunch, I come home to this. NO DAN.... NO SIR!!!!


Sigh... what did you do??? Luckily, he just had a small laceration on the inside of his upper lip. I ignored it. Because.... yeah. I think I found the spot too. Not really his fault. The metal strips they used to protect the wood are cheap flimsy ones and it had peeled back and of course Dan found it. At some point, probably sooner than later because... #haveyoumetDan?... I really need to go horse proof it. But seriously horse....

I did have to giggle.. it looks like he ate a small child. 


No comments:

Post a Comment