Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Spicy Boy!

Today was fun. I woke up with another headache.. not quite a full migraine but close. It was that feeling of having the vice around my head. And I just felt icky. And hormonal. Poor Mike.. I (hopefully!) over-reacted to a text and basically started crying for no reason.. other than being tired and hormonal. And I had left the ponies in last night because it was raining all night long again, after raining all day again. So anyways.. I got up and fed them and let them out and then went back inside. I took a pill and laid down for another 30 minutes and then decided to just go ride. It was either stay home and try to nap and pout.. or go ride. Or... do chores and paperwork. So.. I got up and rode. And by the time I got to Ashland the headache was gone, although I was still feeling puny. We got on and took a hack to warm up. And Dan was a bit on edge. But it was a wierd on edge. He kept stopping and spinning to stare at things, but wasn't spooky. Or was kind of spooky but... mostly it was the stop and stare. Then we finally got back to the arena and he kept trying to stop and stare... and I thought it was at Laura and her horses (she had come to do a jump ride) but he wasn't spinning to stare at them... but to the side of them. Weird... weird pony! It even got a little ridiculous so he got a spanking. But then he settled down and we were able to do some work. 

He was so good. He was super fresh and hot off my leg, which was nice! We got some decent work. We did shoulder in and haunches in and I felt like those were pretty great. Then we did some half pass... which still desperately needs work. I think. I need mirrors... or a video. Then we did some canter work and I got some amazing canter! Our right lead counter canter was the best it's ever been! I was even able to counter-flex him while maintaining the true bend and the true lead. To the right!!! We also got some pretty decent true bend to counter bend to walk transitions. Then we did some canter walk canter transitions on the figure 8, but still focused on changing the flexion. Then we did some trot lengthens and at one point... I swear it felt like Totilas! He was just banging out those trot extensions down centerline! I don't know why he likes strutting so much on centerline. Although now I'm made him paranoid about the halt so I can't get him all the way to G. But we managed it today. So we quit with that and went for another hack. He was soooo good and so spicy! It was great.

Our hack was short and sweet. We walked to the lake.. and then he wanted to go in the woods back from the lake, so.. we did that instead of going around the lake. Which was a very good thing as I was late to my appts as it was. He was breathing kind of hard so I worried a bit, but I think it was just hot and humid after not being hot and humid. He wasn't sweating by the time we got back and his breathing was better and he was normal back home, so...  I turned him out for about 45 minutes and then I had to put him back in his stall because Freddie was coming. Poor guy. He was so mad. It's SUNNY MOM!!! Why am I in Jail again MOM!! I'm sorry buddy.. I'm sorry! 



No comments:

Post a Comment