Sunday, February 16, 2020

My Furry Valentines!

Today is Valentines Day. Which is also Roany's birthday.... So.. Cheers Roany Pony!!! I miss you so. 

Which is also why I decided that since the weather was cooperating (Yahoo!!) and I had some time... I would take both Fleck and Dan to go ride. Because... I don't want to regret not spending as much time with Flecky. 

So I took them both to Ashland and rode Dan first. We had a good ride. The dressage arena's are still sloppy and the rails are all over the place, so we went back up to the jump arena. We worked on more dressage but I tried to not spend quite so much time drilling. I'm telling you though... Daniel is SMART!!!! We picked up the canter and I just went to change the direction and he started the inside bend to straight to counter bend to downward sequence without me even having to ask. Ha ha... I swear I think had I been prepared, he would have attempted a change even. :) Sneaky little fool! But he listened and we had some great work. I swear his right lead canter feels so much better so maybe his SI was really bothering him. We even got counter canter on the right lead. In the jump arena! So then we worked on some other things too... like the simple changes through a figure 8. I felt like we weren't getting the downwards quick enough with the change of bend sequence, so I did just a few on the figure 8, while still doing the sequence. He understood that better. So.. we'll keep doing a little bit of both. 

Then we went for a hack. It wasn't super long because Fleck was waiting but it was a nice long hack. And holy moly he was soooo good. We were going past the hay barns and I was admiring the old one with the rusting parts when it clanged loudly!! I almost jumped out of my skin, but Dan barely flinched and kept mosying along. Seriously good boy. 





It was just a great ride. I feel like Dan and I have gotten over some of our anxiety/anger/frustration/whatever with each other.... not each other. But with life maybe??? I don't know, I guess I feel like maybe I'm in better control of my emotions which means that they aren't translating to Dan and this is making him happier. Overall, we just seem to be getting along better and having a lot more fun together. I'm sure the fact that our jumping situation has improved has helped too. :) But it was just a happy sunshiney day. 

Then I took Flecky out for a quick spin. And he felt really good! He was feeling quite good apparently as he put his head down and starting his little crow hopping porpoising thing!! Flecky!!! Hard to believe he was the BAD pony today. :) Ha ha... Dan was the good one!!! I know, it sounds weird. ;) but yep... a great day. I didn't ride Fleck for very long because I was getting super cold. And it turns out that Mike was already home, so.. I wanted to see him. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment