Sunday, February 16, 2020

More happyness!!!

Ahhhh... Mike is back! I snuck out and worked on one horse (emergency chiropractic visit... hee hee) and then I was still home in time to have the whole day to spend with Mike. We decided to go to lunch, so I ran out to change blankets as it was warming up. And.. Dan was in the round pen eating grass and when I pulled his blanket off, he tried to eat it. So.. I told him no, but then saw the red ball. I kicked it towards him and he looked at it.. and then started to roll it! :) Hee hee. We played for a minute and then I went back in so Mike and I could go eat. But I peeked from the porch and saw that he was playing byhimself now. SOOOO adorable!! 

Danny plays soccer


Then I guess that got boring, and he found the old mat again... so new shenanigans ensued. 

And more fun with the floor mat now

I finally peeled myself away and Mike and I went to Arbys. We decided that it was okay for me to go ride because... sunshine!! And it's supposed to rain again and I wanted to jump before it got nasty again. So I did. I went to Ashland and was hoping to get in a quick XC school and get back home quick. Unfortunately, although it was super nice to see everyone and chat, I got side tracked by seeing a bunch of friends so it took us a lot longer than I had anticipated. Luckily... we had a great school! The footing wasn't too bad so with the studs I put in, we did great. I was able to get him in front of my leg and he jumped everything!! We still have our right drift if I forget to correct for it, but.. he jumped out of stride and took me to most things! Yay!! I was a good girl and kept it to the novice stuff or lower. Because... I'm trying to put money in the bank. For both of us, not just him. But we had fun! We even jumped the full coffin and then there was a jump in the ditch that we jumped, without batting an eye at. We jumped the smaller ramp. We even did the up bank to the squatty fat log on an angle. Nothing too exciting height wise, but that's okay. I'm betting he would have been fine had we upped the ante, but I think it was also a wise decision NOT to. :) It was a good day! We both left the field feeling confident and happy with each other. So then we joined Melissa and Gail for a short hack around the lake and then headed home. 




 Ha ha... what a goof!!! :)

Then it was date night at the Optimist so... didn't want to miss that :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment