Friday, February 21, 2020

Rain, Rain, Rain....so much stupid rain!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHH..... Apparently we've had more rain this year than Seatle... the rainiest place ever. :( Everything is soaked and saturated... it's nasty! :( I couldn't get my lesson on Sunday because it was raining and... my truck was stuck. :( I was going to ride in the rain but... because it won't stop... and my drive is all churned up because of getting stuck before.... even though I went the clockwise way.. as soon as I hit the turn... I started to slide towards the ditch!! ACKKK. NO!!!! I was able to back it up back to solid ground but... I was afraid that if I tried again, I'd end up super stuck. So I called uncle and pouted. Then Monday it rained and I worked 12 hours. Then Tuesday morning it rained and since it was only a drizzle, I would have probably ridden had I been able to get the truck out, but alas... nope! And I had needed to add one patient since they somehow got deleted from the day before... and yeah... so no riding Tuesday. And then because I had to add a bunch of add on patients.. it was a 10 hour day. Then Wed... was a very slow day.. I had one at 10, one at 12:30, and then cancellations. So... yay, I can ride. Except nope... it's drizzling all day and I can't get my truck out. ARGH! So.. I ended up getting home at 3ish... eating lunch, and then deciding.. screw it. I was going to ride even if it meant I hacked down the road...  

I decided to be smart and just ride on the property since that road is scary. I had to go catch them from the front field so when I was out there... I reset my grid to alternating raised ground poles... (raised on the right, raised on the left, raised on the right) to a skinny low vertical. Then I caught Dan and tacked him up and as I was doing that... guess what?!? It started to drizzle again. Sigh. Too bad.. I was committed. So we got on and headed down to the "arena" because I thought that might be the least slick spot. It was pretty wet... even had some standing puddles. And it was squishy. So we walked. We did shoulder in, haunches in, leg yield, half pass, turn on the forehand, turn on the haunches, and then we were able to do about a 15 meter circle with small trot to walk to small trot transitions. Then he started getting fussy because Fleck was being smart and staying in his stall. We headed to the front field... thinking maybe we'd try the grid. Big Fat Nope! WAY too slick.. we were sliding even just walking. And then Dan got even more mad and tried to rear and spin and bolt but he ended up slipping and abandoned that plan. So we just finally gave up and went back in. I bemered him and did some fascial work. By the way... he gets so quiet and still for that quiet fascial and kinesio work. I think he likes it. Then I fed them and then... Mike was home!!! Yay! Only a half week this week :) 








And then... Thursday poured rain again and I worked another 12 hours. And then Friday morning I headed to pine top to jump judge/stadium crew. And guess what?! IT WAS SUNNY!!!!! Yahoo!!! And... they came and fixed my drive so I can get my trailer out and won't get stuck again. YAY!!! They put down crushed asphalt after grading and smoothing my turn around. Whooo hooo!! It was a long full day so I didn't get to ride, but.. it looks like sun tomorrow and sunday, so.... it's on!!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment