Sunday, February 9, 2020

Redemption...... kind of ;)

So... I didn't get to redeem myself at the show... and I didn't get videographic proof to send to Kelly, but... we did it!!!

I had to finish the floors this morning... and then went to Hilary's baby shower to meet Baby Greer!! He's cute as a button and was the quietest baby ever! So then I got home and decided to go ride because dangit... it's supposed to rain all week again. ARGHHH. So, I did. It was 5:45 before I got to Ashland, but I tacked up quick. The sunset was amazing! It was so tempting to go chase it in the fields, but... I really wanted to jump and Kelli met me and Arwyn was being silly so she didn't want to go in the fields yet. So we went into the arena. The jump arena was the only one open after the rain and snow. :) 

Dan and I warmed up... we did our noodle neck... we did some trot and walk transitions. Then we did our counter canter and held it, even in jump tack. :) Not on the first attempt, but on the second attempt. But that's okay. It's the jump field.. jump saddle... So then we jumped. I started to the first fence and went "Nope... wait! I gotta test"... and sure enough, I got a surge. Whoo hooo! So we started jumping. I did a few... and we even got 2 strides in the 2 stride. :) :) Yay!!! I jumped around some and then I wanted to set them up. They were set up originally at BN, so... Kelli and I hopped off and set them up novice height. Although we both snuck a few up to training height. :) And Dan was awesome!! There was one line where I got a little hesitant and while I didn't hold... I didn't add leg either, so we got a bit of a chip, but... that may have been the only one. :) There was a few that we ran past our distances on because I got the surge! Whoo hoo!!! So yep!! It was a blast. Then towards the end of our ride, it was getting really dark. I thought maybe he was having trouble seeing the fences, but he wasn't. BUT he was seeing monsters in the dark and spooked hard multiple times. hee hee. Hard enough that I almost tipped off a few times... oops. :) So we did have a run out at the blasted oxer that he quit at last time, but... it was a run out because he spooked and bolted past it. Once I came back again, he was just fine. :) Yay!! We also nailed the two stride two more times. 







Then we took a cool down hike in the fields and chilled for a bit. And man... the sunset was amazing! And then the moon was impressive too :) We snuggled a bit and now it's time for bed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment