Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Tuesday with Kelli

Today was a fun day! I got some barn chores done in the morning. Then I finally got to go grocery shopping because we finally FINALLY got our fridge! Yay for ice cream again! And non-frozen pickes and milk. :) Then Kelli came over to see the new farm, meet Funny, and play with Dan and me. It was so funny.... Kelli got here and before we even made it out of the driveway, the mailwoman came up and asked if I was the vet that lived here. I was so tempted to say... no..... sorry! ha. So she has this dog who is coughing and wanted to know what it could be. Sigh. Poor Kelli. After I showed her the place and she met Funny, who, of course, she is smitten with, we decided to play with Dan.  


 

I tacked him up and lunged him first. Kelli pointed out that going to the left, he was a bit overbent and his hindquarters were falling in. So if I let him be a bit more straight in his neck, almost counterbent, it was probably more productive to keeping him straight. Yep. So we did that. And we got some decent canter transitions but it is hard for him to hold it. So then we headed up to the arena to ride. I felt so bad but... she said she was happy to help and watch me ride. So she did. And Dan felt pretty good. She helped me keep my awful left hand in check. I still want to bring it down and back. She also helped me to sit up straighter and taller with my right side... and to keep from collapsing. I almost have to think of putting my weight in my left stirrup a bit more, but not so much that I sit to the left.. just sit a little taller on the left. But it was very helpful and he felt pretty super. Kelli said that was the best she's seen him go! So then we cantered, and it's not as good. But it's okay.. we're still getting stronger. Kelli helped us with that too and it was a better canter both ways... just still harder for him tracking to the right. Afterwards, I offered her the ride. She almost declined, but I convinced her she wouldn't ruin him. :) And she didn't. In fact, she made him look quite lovely!!! And not at all lame. I was quite proud of them both! He was a super good boy and behaved quite well. She had some lovely lovely trot work. She only cantered one way, and he was a little overbent in the neck, but it was still fairly nice. She quit with that because she thought he might be tired. Hee hee. It's Dan... the energizer bunny! But I was quite pleased. He looked sooooo good! She said he looked better with me, but I think she's wrong. But if she's not... YAY!!! Because he looked soooooo good. :) 


Afterwards, he got turned out with Funny again for a little bit. He loves her so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment