Saturday, November 14, 2020

Perfect Day

 okay you guys.. it's the hormones!! Menopause is for real!! ha ha... Today was an amazing wonderful day... and I am so blessed! (Now don't get me wrong, I knew I was blessed and was grateful on the bad days too.... so yeah, stupid hormones!). And I did wake up at 5 am with a migraine this morning (took the third prescription pill in 2 days), but... I then woke up at 7:15 am without the migraine. Granted I was all heavy and leaden feeling, but... ponies needed to be fed... and I had to pee. ;) 

I got everyone fed and turned out and the ponies were all super. Then it was time for Mike and I to get to work! We cleared out the rest of the stuff from the pole barn in anticipation of him getting concrete poured for his garage. Which, yay... because I feel bad that I got all the things I wanted and he got nothing. We moved the dog fence over and chopped down some limbs. Then the graders showed up again and kept working on my trailer parking turn around area. :) YAY! Soon I won't have to park in the cul-de-sac. I also found two more big mats so I can put them in the aisle and have better footing in my tack up area. I also got some snuggles with the ponies while I was unloading jumps. Then I moved one jump out of the way so I could do some more flat work since Jean was going out of town for the weekend to show. Then I drug (drug? dragged?) the arena. Baby girl is getting thoroughly desensitized. Between the banging and beeping of the big equipment and moving trees and then the tractor... of course, she didn't seem phased at all. But yep.. a productive morning and fun hanging out with Mike. Oh, and we also got donuts on the way home from the dump run, so yum!

MY HEART!!!!!!
HA HA... Keeping it real Dan...

So then, Mike took a nap, so I rode. I was able to get Dan groomed and tacked up while Fleck only yelled a tiny bit and Funny came and investigated a little, but then went back out with Fleck. I took Dan to the round pen and went to lunge him, but before I could get started, Funny was "trapped" in the run in and was threatening to jump the gate.... repeatedly, so I left Dan and went to rescue her. When I got back he wouldn't let me catch him for a minute, so he lunged himself for a few. Doh! Then I was able to put the side reins on him. And, you know, I struggle a little because... side reins!! (The horrors!). BUT.... y'all, he's going so nicely and correctly. And he's starting to build muscle correctly. So... we'll just keep doing small increments of it. Besides, they aren't that tight... because he keeps tucking his nose and biting them and trying to yank on them... like he does with the cross ties..the reins....anything he can get his mouth on! BUT... today, he was much better about staying on the vertical and not getting too deep or going behind the vertical and he was really getting it. It's working!!! He looked so nice. We even progressed to trotting because he's holding the straightness and correct bend. Yahoo. We even cantered a couple of steps a couple of times because... strengthening!! But I literally only did about 5 or 6 strides each time, because... again, strengthening. :) Such a good boy. 

We then headed to the arena and had a great ride!! It's getting so much easier to get the correct bend and straightness without the twist at the poll now. :) And, he feels sounder now too! I got the pivo out too, so hopefully I can figure out how to edit the video... as it was 17 minutes. We didn't work too hard/long as he was so good and again, strengthening in increments. 

So then he got a rinse and turned back out and I cleaned stalls, met with the bathroom renovation guy, chatted with the graders, and..then... this brilliant sunset!!! WOW God... WOW! I had to stop doing stalls and take photos. So yep... a fantastic day!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment