Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Riding at Home

Instead of riding with Kelli again today (sadness) we rode at home. Kelli hurt her back. It maybe wasn't a bad thing as I couldn't seem to get rolling and then the boys were supposed to have their dentals in the afternoon. I eventually got some stuff done at the house and then went to get Dan to ride. I decided to just ride here because... I have an arena now! Well, technically I don't own it yet, but... hopefully soon I'll at least own some of it. But anyways... I lunged him first. We worked on keeping his nose between his shoulders a little better than the other day and got some nice work. Then we went up to the arena and used the pivo. It felt like a good ride. The pivo did a cruddy job of following me so we'll see how much video I got, but... he felt very in front of my leg and forward! He felt pretty straight and pretty sound. We had some fairly decent work. Then I wanted to jump so I popped him over a few fences and he got quick and super exciting. It sort of was tricky to get him to settle back down after that but I tried. We managed a little bit more work and then we went for a hack. We got almost to the lake and met the HOA owners, who also happen to own the german shephard puppy. Then we went to get a drink out of the lake and Dan barged in so fast... we almost took a dunking! That lake isn't as shallow buddy! It looks like it drops off quick. Luckily we caught ourselves. So then we headed back but I decided to go towards the neighborhood entrance and ride along our property line. It is a long line! Then we came home. :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment