Thursday, November 12, 2020

Gallop sets and lesson

 Dan did gallop sets this am..... on his own accord.... a little tight behind, but slick grass






Went for lesson. Pretty lame, but Rana rode and made him sound. so then I got back on and it was a struggle... it took forever for me to get him straight, even after her riding him, but we finally did. It also took her chasing him with a lunge whip, but... we got ROUND, SOFT, and COLLECTED!!!! He looked amazing!!! And then we tried to get a nice downward and got some piaffe... and not even a half bad piaffe..


balance him between my aids... it's not throwing one side away to get the other correct. Meet resistance with resistance... don't hang, but don't soften (and especially don't jiggle) until he softens. then keep the connection. use my seat... shock and awe to get him forward. He needs to go forward and not use behind my leg as an evasion. 

Ride THAT HARD for awhile and it'll get easier



No comments:

Post a Comment