Friday, November 27, 2020

Anti Perfectionism Day

We needed today. We needed a anti-perfection day. An anti-perfectionist day. A day to just be 12 again and play. Yes, we made sure we were straight, but that was about it.  We hacked. We walked to warm up. We saw two coyotes in the pasture playing... or two big foxes! Then we trotted and cantered some. We hopped over a log. We saw the heron. We saw some deer. Then we went to the XC field and played over some fences. We started out decent but we chickened out at the novice coop at the top of the hill. Ugh... I think had I closed my leg he would have went but I didn't, so he stopped. But then we jumped some other stuff and even did the BN and Nov coop two stride. But man.... I am not sure I'll get brave enough to go prelim again. Although, I'm sure it'll come back when we get our mojo back (if we can... or maybe it'll have to be with Funny). But we had fun. When I was brave and put my leg on, he went boldly and happily. :) Wheee! Then we cantered to the lake and splashed around there. He was fierce! Serious splashing! :) Then we headed home and saw the coyotes again. It was a beautiful day.  Beautiful weather... beautiful fun.... lovely pony! I do love this kid. 







No comments:

Post a Comment