Saturday, April 4, 2020

Panic... at the disco!

Okay, so.. not at the disco. And no real reason to panic. BUT.. I did. I worked today... and decided to cancel all my patients after my last single one tomorrow because of this virus. Because it's too hard to see that many patients in a day and not feel like I'm spreading risk to all my clients... because it's too hard to pick which patients to see and not see... and because.... my anxiety was kicking in and getting out of control. I prayed on it.... and.. that's the decision that gave me the most peace. Albeit, I'm sure it will be a little bit of a roller coaster once people start getting upset, or call me out for new appointments, once I'm broke... once I have to start trying to fit everyone back in. Anyways... I got home at 4:30 and it was a beautiful day! I'm not sure why I didn't go ride... I guess because I was thinking I'd have so much time to ride soon, I didn't need to today. Then... word came that they were going to do a "shelter in place" plan for Georgia. A few of my friends and I were chatting and we all sort of panicked! Does this mean we can't haul our horses to places to ride? Does this mean that Lucy was going to shut Ashland down? What does this mean?!?! And of course... I haven't been to Ashland in a little bit.... So.. I panicked. And at 7 pm, I tossed Dan in the trailer and hauled him to Ashland and tacked up super quick.

We went for a hack. Because, while I don't have an arena... or jumps... at home... I really would miss trail riding and hacking the most. I could figure out a way to make flatting and grids and small jump courses at home. But... short of tromping around my pasture repeatedly, no way to trail ride. So we did! I wanted a gallop but Dan was tired... he's been ridden more lately because of the lovely weather, the time change, and now my free time because of the virus. We had a lovely canter in the field... we had a nice hack in the woods... we had some great trotting. All in all.. it was lovely! I had to remind myself to take a breath when we first started though because my body had gotten all riled up and stayed on that train for a little bit. But I did. I relaxed and we had a great ride.

Ahhhh......












No comments:

Post a Comment