Wednesday, April 15, 2020

I cannot make this stuff up!!

Are you for real Dan?! For real?!?! So... I slept in... and finally got up to feed. And it's still a little chilly. He's at the gate by the front right field so I say hi and tell him to come eat. He comes RIP ROARING up... and skids to a halt in front of me. Sigh... that is NOT resting your stifle son. So I manage to herd him into the stall after minimal shenanigans with the dogs. They eat.... I turn him back out... give him his hay. Take his blanket/sheet off. Lock them in the barn pasture.

Then I go inside to eat my breakfast. And it warmed up quick so I open the back door and am about to pour some cereal when I hear the gate clanging. I peek out.. Dan's not pawing at it, so I carry on. And it clangs again... So I look again! He has freakin' rolled INTO the gate and is apparently stuck. So I run out in my socks, jump the fence, and get to the gate. His shoe is caught in the wire of the gate... half ripped off... and he's stuck. I can't get the shoe to come off the gate... can't get the gate to move... and meanwhile, I'm starting to panic that this is going to end poorly. So I finally realize that my best bet is to just finish ripping his shoe off. So I do... Dan is still up against it, so I unlock it and it swings forward (thank goodness it swings both ways!) and then he shifts.. puts his front leg under the fence... but luckily manages to shift up and gets up and is like... "Thanks Mom"...and saunters off. Of course... guess which leg is hung in the fence.... THE RIGHT HIND!!! Seriously Daniel.... OMG!!!! You're killing me... killing me!!

Unfortunately.. he then took off at the trot for a step or two and then slammed on the breaks so I don't know if he wrenched it and was sore... or if he just hit the breaks because he ran into Fleck's big ol' butt... 

I texted Freddie and explained and said that if he wanted to wait til next week it was probably fine. Funny enough.. he was literally leaving a farm 10 minutes down the road so he drove over and put it back on. I barely had time to get dressed before he got there. HA!

Freakin' horses! 




No comments:

Post a Comment