Friday, April 17, 2020

Walk ride #2

So.. I left Fleck at home today because Kelli offered to let me ride Marvin. So... Dan hung out in the trailer while I did a 45 min or so dressage ride on Marvin. He's kind of fun. He's a lot like Dan... only he's passive aggressive while Dan is active aggressive. But both are just cheeky. I was able to practive my Kelly homework with Marvin because.. he kind of has the same issues as Dan. It was kind of fun really... and in many ways... helpful to know that I'm not an inadequate rider... It works.. It just.. wasn't really working because Dan was sore and compensating. I mean it was working... and he was trying. And there was some habits between both of us that made it hard, but.. you know what I mean. It was just nice. And it's nice to have a horse I can hop on, have fun with, but am not obligated to do anything with. So... maybe that's a good way for me to stay "in the game" so to speak and get my dressage itch scratched without having to made Dan sad. Anyways, after the dressage ride we went for a hack. He was super. He was in front and marching. He totally feels like those dancing swaggering goats in that video. Hee hee.  

So when we got back, Dan was still quietly chilling in the trailer. He's sooo good! I swear, if I have to do stall rest... I would probably be better off leaving him in the trailer. hee hee.. Anyways. I unloaded him and started grooming him and the neighbors to Ashland started doing some crazy construction and making crazy annoying sounds. Dan got keyed up and on edge and I was wondering if my ride was going to go well. But I figured once I got his feet moving, he'd settle. So.... I tossed the bareback pad on, grabbed my neck strap, and opted for his jump bridle. And off we went. And sure enough, I was right... he marched out and we had a great ride. He didn't put a foot wrong. We grazed, we stared at things, we walked.... we had a nice ride. I'm trying hard to avoid all the hills, but... it's hard not to. 

It was a pretty pretty day! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment