Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Shhhhh, we cantered!

So.... I didn't ride yesterday and tomorrow is supposed to be a rainy nasty day. So I managed to go ride. :) It was gorgeous out but you can tell the storm is coming. When we got to Ashland they were doing tractor work dragging the arenas and mowing some near there. Dan was alert and watching but okay. So I got him tacked up (bareback pad, dressage bridle) and hopped on. Of course right then, we noticed another tractor by the trails. So... we headed out and the timing was awful. The tractor came out from the wooded path by the smaller lake right as we were walking by. So... he saw it and he held it together, but then... he muscled up and snuck in about 8 canter strides. And it was glorious!!!! He was on the muscle and rocked back and .. it was glorious! I managed to get him back to the walk and then we carried on. There was no more cheating, although he was very jumpy. As was I. :) It was a pretty night. I'm glad we went. 














No comments:

Post a Comment