Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Sanity restored.... for now

So.... I decided that in an effort to keep both of us sane... there was nothing wrong with Dan and I going on a 30-45 min walk... on flat ground... a few times a week. Dr. Laura agreed with me. And it will help keep him fitter, which should help keep him muscles around his stifle stronger, which would minimize wear and tear on the joint, right?! Right. :) 

So... we loaded up and went to Ashland to enjoy this amazing gorgeous spring weather. Seriously... I don't remember ever having a Spring where we got more than 3 days of beautiful weather. This whole month so far has been glorious other than the rain/tornado watch Sunday. It's not even been humid. It's been amazing! Of course... sigh... 


Anyways... it was nice. We just walked to the lake... down to the creek crossing... and back up through racoon loop. And he was super. No jigging.... no spooking. He was just power walking, but not in that manic way he did at the beach on the last trip.. just a regular power walk. He stopped to eat a ton. And stopped to look at some other horses in the XC field a few times. And when we first started... he slipped out a time or two. Eeeks... But he didn't seem phased and we carried on. We had one small short little hill I couldn't avoid and he immediately popped into the canter and cantered two strides up. oops! But maybe that's less stress on his stifle than walking?? He makes me laugh though... on Racoon Loop he stopped to sniff. I didn't see poop or anything but he was sniffing like a blood hound..  Then I realized there was a ton of bird feathers. Ewww... Then he stuck his lip out and up and threw his head up. Hee hee. You're a goober Dan! A goober!

It was a pretty day. And I guess it's maybe because I'm home all day... with nothing to do... but he seems sooo bored! He's been hanging out at the fence... staring into the house.... poor guy. 














No comments:

Post a Comment