Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunday Funday!

Today was a nice Sunday. It was gorgeous weather! Like... amazing, wish it could be like this year round, weather. We slept in a little bit as I woke up with a migraine, again. Then I fed the ponies and Fleck was soooo dirty. But also acting slightly funky, so I was a little afraid that he was not feeling well. So we stuck around for an hour or so to make sure he was okay. I listened to Church and then when I went to check on Fleck again, he seemed fine. So.. Mike and I went to the lake. We had fun. It was a great day to sail. Great wind! When we got home, it was still light out, so.. I ate dinner and then grabbed Daniel and off we went. :) 

We did a warm up hack to the XC field and then by the jump field and then back to the arena's. We worked on what we did in my lesson... And... It's still so hard for me to not hold that outside rein. Partly because it seems to work. Sigh. BUT... I did make some progress. I think I also have to turn my right shoulder back and push my left shoulder forward and use my outside thigh to keep his shoulder from flinging too hard. BUT... at least I'm using my body and leg instead of my hand. And I still have to keep my outside rein in connection but soften the inside rein and slightly soften the outside rein so that he softens. Otherwise, he braces right back on me. So.. we made some progress. Then we did some shoulder in, during which he kept his momentum nicely, which was good! Then we did some half pass. Hard to say how it went, but.. seemed to be okay. Not great, but ... okay. Then we did some canter. We started on the right and it was a lovely canter and we ALMOST held the 3 loop the whole way. I got greedy and over-reacted and shifted and messed him up. Then we couldn't get it for awhile... but did get the shallow one. We also got some nice canter in general and got the left lead 3 loop. We also worked on the canter to walk to canter and got some really nice ones! So then we cantered down centerline, changed to trot and trot lengthened to a halt. :) Then we went for a cool down hack. 












No comments:

Post a Comment