Friday, March 20, 2020

Kelly Lesson

Continuing on with Boot Camp... we had a lesson with Kelly today. I was aiming for dressage and then jumping tomorrow, but... we started talking about how he feels lamer to me.. and she saw it too, so.. she hopped on and rode. She wants to ride him again tomorrow to help her confirm up her thoughts on what she thinks is going on. But the preliminary thoughts are that it is a riding thing, not a true lameness. So.. we shall see. They mostly walked and did some trotting. I got some slow motion video so I could try to assess him more, but... I really can't see anything specific. I can see that there is something wrong/assymetric, but I can't pinpoint it. I also talked to Dr. Molony and I may end up doing a bone scan to see if I can figure out where it's stemming from. Or we may x-ray his neck and see, but... just because we find changes, doesn't mean that's the issue. So... I don't know. With the virus and quarantines, I'm guessing we won't get to bone scan for a bit anyways, so... maybe I'll put him back on previcox and see if that helps. Although it's hard to decide when to do it.. because how will I know if it's boot camp vs previcox? Sigh..

Anyways.. it was SUCH a pretty day though... I took him for a short hack around Jess's farm after. I went with two other foxhunters. They were nice and let me lead. Hee hee. I am going to do my best to get to some puppy walks this Spring and Summer so that maybe Dan and I can foxhunt... That could be really helpful with his bravery...  could also be so much fun we decide we don't need to event...  ;) Or... we could get black balled for being crazyness ;)

Anyways... then I came home and painted the fence... still not done, but much closer! I wanted to keep riding, but... I was a good girl. Tomorrow Kelly wants to ride him again, so I may have to take him for a long hack before or after. :)

Oh.... it did make my day because when Kelly first got on.. I was watching... then I moved my chair... then I went and got my sunglasses and Kelly said that regardless of what was going on ... he sure did love me because he never took his eyes off me. AWWWW.... then why did you kick me yesterday you sod!?! ha! He did apologize last night though. I told him I forgave him but he had to be careful where he was putting his feet because other people may not be so nice to him.



No comments:

Post a Comment