Thursday, July 25, 2024

We got our wheels back

Finally!! Between getting brakes on the trailer, then new tires and alignment on the truck and then it not starting.. ugh! Not only am I super poor, but I was unable to go to Ashland. But that makes me extra grateful for arena and neighborhood!

However, I got Ricky Bobby back and we are back in action!! Yahoo! I celebrated by taking Dan to Ashland for a ride and hydrotherapy. 

    

We met Kelli and I let her try my thorowgood saddle and she gave me back Dan's horrobin. With all the rain the arena's were closed but Lucy said we could use the jump arena, so we headed up there. Dan actually felt pretty darn good! He was still a hair short in the right front but he was happy to trot and even cantered on the right lead multiple times! Short canters, but still! I'm guessing it's not because I'm in the saddle instead of bareback but because I shockwaved his pelvis two days ago. Which.. maybe that's good, maybe not?! I feel like it was injected not that long ago... although that was prior to him being hung upside down and hoisted around four times. And, in theory, if all it takes is routine shockwave... I can do that! But it is a little worrisome. And, he's still fairly weak because he lost his hind end repeatedly! And one time he lost it so bad that he grunted and made massive skid marks in the arena. It was kind of scary for a second or two. And he bottomed out quite a few times during the ride and on the trails. But, he recovered after each time and wasn't sore. So... I'll keep rehabbing and doing our hills and poles and water therapy and then he'll go see Keelin in two weeks and we'll see what she says. 

   

After our arena work we went to the xc field and did some walking and then trotting in the water complex. It was a bit deeper today so he had to work hard. Plus he was a little tired already. But we still got three circles each way at the trot! Then we went for a walk and I tried to find a few hills for him. We're not gonna fail for lack of trying that's for darn sure! We may fail... but it won't be for lack of effort. 

 

It was a great day! And so pretty out. 

 


 

 

 

 

 
Oh, and earlier today, I rode Lyric at home, who was clearly in heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment